BK Café and Fuel are located in Manilla, approximately 45 kilometers North West of the regional city of Tamworth, NSW. They are looking for an experienced Cook to work in the Cafe and be part of their team.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage the daily operations of the kitchen including cooking, preparation,
estimating food quantities and ensuring food quality.
- Regulating temperature of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment.
- Presentation of dishes in Bain-marie.
- Preparing food to meet special dietary requirements (eg. Gluten free options).
- Maintain high standards of safety, food hygiene and food storage in controlled facilities.
- May be required to train other staff.
- Must be punctual, reliable and able to work as a team.
- Able to work weekends and night shifts; depending on the scheduled staff roster
*Note that shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo a cooking trial or interview quiz.
WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Certificate III in hospitality or equivalent (cookery)
- Food Safety Supervisor’s Certificate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good reference checks from previous employer
- At least 2 years in a similar position
WHAT IS ON OFFER:
A competitive annual salary commensurate with experience
A full time position plus 9.5% superannuation