Founded in the Sichuan Province of China, the hospitality group is a chain of hot pot restaurants that has grown to 196 locations in over 20 years across China. With additional restaurants in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Los Angeles, it is one of China’s most successful brands.
As part of its international expansion strategy, the group is now seeking to enter Australia with its initial establishments in Sydney and Melbourne. The proposed restaurants will offer premium quality, authentic Chinese hot pot dishes, coupled with premium customer service, and an engaging yet entertaining customer experience.
The group is currently sourcing suitable applicants for the position of General Manager. The General Manager employed to launch and drive Australian operations, will be initially based in Sydney and be required to travel between Melbourne, Sydney and other establishment locations at regular intervals.
Specific Skills required:
• Planning Australian policy in accordance with the group’s standards and objectives
• Lead and manage the initial establishment and day to day operation of all restaurants in Australia and Oceania
• Liaising with staff, subordinates and functional managers regarding operations, equipment, marketing, finance, sales and human resources
• Auditing each restaurant to ensure policy implementation is consistently achieved though out the Australia and Oceania region
• Facilitate and enter negotiations with key suppliers (domestic and international) and contractors to ensure quality merchandise at the best prices
• Implementing operational systems to maximise profit and efficiency
• Effectively deal with media and be the available for all press releases and marketing campaigns
• Prepare reports, budgets and forecasts, and present them to corporate office, board members and relevant licensing bodies.
• Recruitment and selection of senior staff including performance management appraisals
• Meet budgetary targets and provide feedback for continual improvement
• Build strong ties with the Chinese/Asian/Australian community
1. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Hospitality or Business Management in an international hospitality group
2. Effective communication skill (in both Mandarin and English)
3. Experience in coordinating and liaising with internal and external stakeholders in an international and multicultural corporate environment
4. knowledge of Chinese/Sichuan food and restaurant operation in an international context