Alpat Medical Services, Mt Waverley require a Massage Therapist for their clients performing therapeutic massages of soft tissues and joints. The Massage Therapist may assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength, assess soft tissue condition, joint quality and function.
The Massage Therapist will contribute to core planning goals and work with other allied health professionals to meet goals.
- Consult clients to assess condition
- Refer clients to other types of therapists at medical centre (physiotherapist and physiologist)
- Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massages used
- Confer with clients abOMt their medical histories and problems with stress or pressure to
determine how massage will be most helpful
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural instability and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for
conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance
- Prepare and blend oils and apply blends to clients’ skin
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
- Consult with other health care professionals, such as physiotherapists, chiropractors,
physicians, and psychologists to develop treatment plans for clients
- Document clients’ condition and progress, and maintain treatment records
Alpat Medical Services seek to build client base quickly and your active participation in this process is expected. This means part of your position with Alpat Medical Services involves doing some networking activities and business building activities to ensure you have a solid client base.
Ongoing requirements and activities:
• Attend meetings every 3 months
• Participation in client relationship building