MY STUDY HOUR currently provide mathematics tutoring to primary school children
from K-7. Tutoring services are provided face to face in individual and small group
sessions. MY STUDY HOUR currently focuses on high quality tutoring in all areas of
1. Number and Algebra, which include whole number, number operations, fractions,
decimals, patterns and algebra.
2. Measurement and Geometry, which include length, area, volume & capacity,
mass, time, three-dimensional shapes, two dimensional shapes, angles and
3. Statistics and Probability, which include data and chance.
4. Numeracy skills and problem solving skills.
The ideal applicant will
- Use tangible and non-tangible rewards for reinforcement.
- engage reluctant students by understanding their learning styles, through discussion and by giving positive feedback.
- maintain good communication with parents.
- Commit to ongoing professional development in Math A
• Plan programs of study in mathematics for individual students and groups based
on relevant curriculum
• Assist students in one-on-one or small group tutorial sessions in mathematics
• Assigning problems and exercises relative to students’ training needs and talents
• Aid students with problem solving strategies and provide support with use of
principles and formulas
• Assessing students and offering advice, criticism and encouragement through
identifying and recording common problem areas for the purpose of developing
support services and reference materials
• Prepare students for examinations, performance and assessments as necessary
• Undertake continued professional development through attending professional
conferences, seminars and courses, reading current literature, and talking with
Qualification and experience
Bachelor Of Education or related Mathematics field
$60,000 per annum + Superannuation of 9.5%Share